Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Caring Cards - Project Completed!


Disclaimer:  This post is back dated to December 24, 2013. Written on January 11, 2014, midnight.

It's the morning of Christmas Eve 2013 and I finally finished the Caring Cards I had committed to do as part of  DOcember.

To read the complete info on what these Caring Cards are all about, read it here.

Here are the 31 cards plus an additional 6 not photographed but is on the original blog post.


These cards made it with the last batch of Calgary Seniors' Resource Center's Adopt A Grandparent Christmas program that ended on January 9, 2014! What a great relief that they could still make use of it even though I was 2 weeks behind than what was originally agreed upon on. I have a valid excuse which is university finals. That and procrastination -_-

Below are proof that the cards made it!



The Christmas bags the seniors will get along with the Caring Cards!


Here are some of my faves from the cards I made:

My fave among the bunch that I made. It's so simple and it reminds me of cross-stitching.







 




Materials used: 









Note: Because I lugged around these materials to 4 different places, there are some missing from these pictures.
  • Kraft and white 4" x 5.5" cards
  • ribbons
  • glitter glue
  • stickers (3Ds, foil and my favorite new discovery in the world of stickers - rub-ons!)
  • glittery felt and Christmas designs cut outs
  • scrapbook cardstock
  • glue (hot glue and liquid white glue)
  • scissors
  • paper cutter
  • colored pens
  • red buttons   
Huge thanks to 4 of my friends who contributed to this project! This was my first time attempting something like this and I was totally overwhelmed on where to start. Couldn't have done it "on time" without you gals! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comment, I reply ^_^

You might also be interested in reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...